After 541 days of searching and waiting for a home, Gene and I finally got the keys to our new house. It's a mid-century ranch home in Duarte with views of the San Gabriel mountains from the backyard. We met our real estate agent, Judy, at Thinkwell and she handed us over the keys.
We have quite a bit of work to do on the house as it needs some updating from it's 60's decor as well as color on the walls to liven up the place from all white. This blog is going to show our journey from apartment dwellers to home owners as we dive into the world of fixer-uppers and DIY.
After getting the keys, I returned back to Pasadena and made a trip to Target. I started looking at possible lamps for the house (there's not a lot of overhead light) and weed killer for the yard.
Instead of heading out to the house tonight, Gene and I went to Home Depot and got supplies for our workday tomorrow. I headed towards the paint aisle to pick out seven colors of paint from Melted Butter to Pacific Sea Teal for small color samples. I love the little tiny cans and am excited that I can see the colors on the wall before I make too big of a mistake! Gene picked out landscaping tools, spackle, and a claw-like tool to tear up tile.
Check out the colors that will be on our walls tomorrow. I'll have more to update and pictures to show then.
Love the color choices - one of the teals looks a little bright - great picks overall! Can't wait to see the end results.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jen. We think one of the teals is too bright as well, but wanted a couple of choices to see. When I opened the can, I told Gene that it hurt my eyes. We're not sure yet about the gray, teal, and the green on the far left. We'll see how today's paint test goes.
ReplyDelete