Today was our first day to really take over the house from our contractor and do all of the work we needed to do. A quick stop at OSH to see if there were any good lawnmowers as they have a 15% deal on them right now, but we're debating about self-propelled and push and what brands are the best as well as not too expensive.
We then went to Lumber Liquidators and got all of our wood. 59 boxes in total as well as 15 rolls of Elastion (the stuff we'll lay the floor on). They loaded them into the truck with a forklift and the poor truck just sunk on it's wheels. We had a careful drive up the 5 and 605 to make sure we didn't lose anything. Then came the unwieldy task of unloading all the boxes. Wish I had a forklift that I could've used.
The rest of the day was spent prepping for painting, priming two bedroom ceilings, changing locks, and figuring out our sprinkler system so we could water our plants. I have to figure out what days we're allowed to water. However, I did discover that we have a dwarf satsuma mandarin tree which means seedless tangerines when they start to grow. Yes, this was the mysterious citrus tree and it was easily solved by finding the tag on the tree. I also found out that we have lizards or at least one. It's the little tiny ones that run aroundn Huntington Gardens. It doesn't surprise me, but I'm not going to want them running around on my feet.
Back to work for another long day at the house. And I promise picture next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha, I love that you created a "lizard" tag for this post :)
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling that I'll be having adventures with lizards in the future.
ReplyDelete