Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 13: Updates

I was gone over spring break for my sister's baby shower, but am now back and ready to keep working on the house. However, things were being done by both Gene and our contractor while I was gone.

We now have new electrical panel (with 200 amps), ductwork without asbetos, our floor is gone and ready for hardwood, we wired cables through some of the ceiling, and almost have our paint colors finished.

As for paint, we're still searching for the perfect tan for the living room. We've found burnt almond in Behr paint which isn't horrible, but I think it's a little too dark. So we're going to try one more color (Gobi desert) and then see.

For the trees that we thought were avocados, we were wrong. The fruit looks like this:
We actually have loquats and we'll see whether or not Gene and I are a fan of them. We'll definitely have quite a few.

Gene and I have also ordered our washer and dryer (Whirlpool Duet) and have to pick up our wood flooring from Lumber Liquidators on Saturday. We're excited that we can get in there then and start working. The contractor plans on finishing on Saturday. Then all the work becomes ours!

5 comments:

  1. Em and Gene,
    I like the Gobi desert! You need to invent some recipes for loquats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Frank really Mary Ann? I doubt the real Frank would use that many !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those are quinces or medlars! Yummm I love loquats so you'll have to save me some! Congrats on all the progress you both are making so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (possibly Japanese quinces, too... so says my Cooking Ingredients encyclopedia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. M-
    I read they're good for jams and jellies. I'll save you some!

    ReplyDelete